How to turn your old jeans into new shorts
Winter is almost over and as the days starts feeling hotter, some people thinks of going out and buy shorts for the new season, but you do not need to spend any extra money on this, as today we will show you how to turn some old jeans you do not wear anymore, into shorts.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, a manufacturing enterprise said the following: “Denim is easy to handle, if you have basic experience in sewing, you can transform any garments made of this material into something different, such jeans that can become shorts”
Here are the steps to turn those old jeans into shorts:
- Choose your jeans – You need to pick those that you are sure you do not want to wear anymore as jeans, they should fit better on you, especially on those parts you are not cutting, such as your hips and waist.
- Size the length of your shorts – It will depend on how long you want it to be to put a mark where you will cut them out.
- Add extra inches – Remember to add a couple of extra inches for the hem.
- Cut the fabric – Follow the mark you have previously drawn and use sharp scissors so the cut is not irregular.
- Do the hem – Use a sewing machine with the correct needle for denim.
Those are the basic steps you need to follow and you will have a new garment in your wardrobe, as you can see, the steps are easy to follow and this is a pretty cheap process.
If you want to go further, you can add paint, or add fabric scraps to your shorts to make them look more modern, you can also try to put different accessories to the back pockets.
“Denim is a very versatile fabric, and it lasts for too long, which makes it a good option to turn your jeans into shorts and give them a new life”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.