How to rip your jeans without ruining them?
We have seen ripped jeans become a trend on the fashion world, so many persons have decided to make this effect on their jeans instead of spending extra money on buying a new pair, but if you do not use the correct method, you might end up by ruining them. So keep on reading to know how to give a different look to your jeans.
“Jeans are very easy to handle, so you can either change them completely once you want them to look different or turn them into a different item, depending on your imagination and abilities”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Ripped jeans are perfect for a casual look or a more sophisticated one when they are combined with a blazer and heels, so if you want to make your own at home, follow these easy instructions:
- Pick up the jeans, but make sure it is a pair that you can allow yourself to ruin, just in case something goes wrong.
- Measure the legs to decide how big or small will the holes and tears be.
- Put a piece of wood inside of the legs, this will protect the back part of your jeans.
- Use sandpaper to soften the denim without tearing it apart and a cutter to make thin cuts.
- Make bigger cuts with a pair of scissors.
- Do not remove the threads hanging of your jeans as this is part of the effect.
- You can also use bleach to give a distressed effect to your jeans.
“Jeans are a great option to have at the wardrobe as you can combine them with many different textiles and colors and you can transform your old jeans into something new which allows you to put your creativeness in action and save money”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.